Learn to ride a Personal Watercraft or Jet Ski
Custom lessons for all experience levels
You can learn on your PWC or ours! Don’t learn to ride the hard way, we can show you how to get the most out of your Jet Ski, Seadoo or Wave-runner without the frustration and pain of trial and error. Tailored courses are available for all levels of rider from absolute beginner to taking on the big waves. Our Instructors are all experienced riders with Surf rescue backgrounds. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Subject to your requirements we can assist you with training in any or all of the following.
- Pre-trip checks and PWC Maintenance
- Trailer launch and retrieval – Boat ramp
- Trailer launch and retrieval – Beach
- Mounting your craft – shallow water
- Mounting your craft – deep water
- Riding positions to meet the conditions
- Slow speed maneuvering
- High speed maneuvering
- Berthing & Docking
- Smooth water handling (under 0.5 Metre)
- Rough water handling (0.5 -1.5 Metre)
- Basic Surf Skills (0.5 – 1 Metre breaking water)
- Intermediate Surf Skills (1.5 – 3 Metre breaking water)
- Large surf & tow in surfing
- Capsize procedure
- Rescue skills
- Additional skills as requested
The following delivery options are available for PWC handling courses
- Delivered on your craft
- Delivered on Excite Safety Training Craft (additional fees apply)
- Any location in Greater Sydney area
- Rest of NSW and Australia wide (travel costs apply)
This course is not formally assessed. Participants can specify the outcomes they wish to achieve and we will tailor a training program to meet the stated requirements.
This is a non accredited training program. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued a personalised training completion certificate noting the skills they have achieved.
This training is self regulated. We recommend additional training be carried out whenever you plan to undertake PWC activities that you may be unfamiliar with or have not done in some time.
All participants of this training must hold a valid PWC licence for the state or territory the training is being conducted in. Proof of insurance is required for any private craft being used for training purposes. Please contact us for full Terms and Conditions.