Click on a course title to view more info or book a course. If there are no courses showing switch to the next month by using the filters at the top of the calendar.
First Aid – Provide First Aid – Refresher
17/03/2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$140
First Aid - Provide First Aid - Refresher
Nationally accredited course with the following units of competency
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months)
(Delivered as licensed trainer for SLSNSW RTO code 90394)
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed, participants will obtain a first aid certificate that is valid for three years. The Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised WorkCover approved training.
Duration: 8 hours
Delivery options: Face to face only
Assessment: Combination of multiple choice, verbal and practical assessment
Location: In our classroom or on site as required
Accessibilty: Please contact Excite Safety if you have any difficulties accessing the information prior to you course
Cost: $140. Please see fee schedule for terms and conditions
Precourse work required: no
RPL available: Yes
Suitable for any person who has previously completed a first aid course, but needs to update the validity of the certificate. If the previous first aid certificate has expired the participant must attend the Provide first Aid full course.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised WorkCover approved statement of attainment for the following unit of competence:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months)
- Nationally recognised certificate
- Life saving skills & knowledge
- Experienced and engaging trainers
- Abbreviated course format
- Legal Issues and infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
All students are requested to note the following:
- Please ensure you bring evidence of your previous, but not yet expired first aid certificate. (must be still valid as of the course commencement date) Wear comfortable clothing as you will be required to participate various first aid scenarios.
- It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
|First Aid - Provide First Aid - Refresher||17 February 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||BEC Kirrawee||6||$140.00|