Click on a course title to view more info or book a course. If there are no courses showing switch to the next month by using the filters at the top of the calendar.
First Aid – Provide First Aid – Full Course – Hardcopy Workbook
September 27 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$175
First Aid - Provide First Aid - Full Course - Hardcopy Workbook
Nationally accredited course with the following units of competency
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months)
(Delivered as licensed trainer for SLSNSW RTO code 90394)
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed, participants will obtain a first aid certificate that is valid for three years. The Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised WorkCover approved training.
Duration: 8 hours
Delivery options: Face to face only
Assessment: Combination of multiple choice, verbal and practical assessment
Location: In our classroom or on site as required
Accessibilty: Please contact Excite Safety if you have any difficulties accessing the information prior to you course
Cost: $175. Please see fee schedule for terms and conditions
Precourse work required: yes
RPL available: Yes
Suitable for any person who may be required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace.
Hardcopy workbook suited to students who who prefer to work offline or do not have easy access to a computer to complete the pre-learning requirements.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following unit of competence:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months)
- Nationally recognised certificate
- Life saving skills & knowledge
- Hard Copy Manual and Paper Workbook for pre-learning
- Experienced and engaging trainers
- Legal Issues and infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
Participants are required to complete an workbook prior to the course
You work book will be posted/delivered to you upon receipt of payment, Please allow postage delivery time of up to 10 days due to recent changes in Australia Post schedules. You may arrange to pick your workbook up from the Excite Safety Training office in Kirrawee (recommended option if you are booking less than a week before your course)
Please ensure you bring your completed workbook with you to the course.
|First Aid - Provide First Aid - Full Course - Hardcopy Workbook||27 September 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||EXCITE SAFETY TRAINING, 1/145 Oak Rd, Kirrawee NSW||7||$175.00|