First Aid - Child Care First Aid
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the course schedule
First Aid - Child Care First Aid
Nationally accredited course with the following units of competency
HLTAID004 Provide emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (Valid for 3 years)
HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months)
(Delivered as licensed trainer for SLSNSW RTO code 90394)
This course is ideal for those who work in the education and child care industry, as well as parents and carers of young children. The Education and Care First Aid course is nationally recognised WorkCover approved training, and has been endorsed by ACECQA as satisfying all education requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training.
Duration: 8 hours
Delivery options: Face to face only
Assessment: Combination of multiple choice, verbal and practical assessment
Location: In our classroom or on site as required
Accessibilty: Please contact Excite Safety if you have any difficulties accessing the information prior to you course
Cost: $185. Please see fee schedule for terms and conditions
Precourse work required: no
RPL available: Yes
Ideal for those who work in child care and education. as well as parents and carers of young children.
* Please note that teachers who work in public schools under the NSW Department of Education will need to complete the training provided by their school instead of this course.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised WorkCover approved statement of attainment for the following unit of competence:
- HLTAID004 Provide emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (Valid for 3 years)
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months)
- Nationally recognised certificate
- Life saving skills & knowledge
- Experienced and engaging trainers
- Preferred course for Child Care workers
- Legal Issues and infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
All students are requested to note the following
- You will be required to complete an online workbook prior to the course. if you are unable to complete this online please contact us to make alternative arrangements.
- Please wear comfortable clothing to the course as you will be required to participate various first aid scenarios.
- It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
Please select a course date from the list. If there are no dates currently listed for this course or you would like to book a private course, please contact us via the enquire now button.
|First Aid - Child Care First Aid||21 December 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||BEC Kirrawee||4||$185.00|
|First Aid - Child Care First Aid||14 January 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||BEC Kirrawee||5||$185.00|
|First Aid - Child Care First Aid||8 February 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||BEC Kirrawee||7||$185.00|
|First Aid - Child Care First Aid||17 February 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||BEC Kirrawee||7||$185.00|