First Aid - Family
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the course schedule
First Aid - Family
2 hour first aid workshop - non accredited
This course is specifically designed for parents and carers who want to gain some basic knowledge and skills needed to manage a variety of common first aid situations that may arise when caring for children or other family members. This course will allow the participant to deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support.
Duration: 2 hours
Delivery options: Face to face only
Assessment: No Assessment required
Location: In our classroom or on site as required
Accessibilty: Please contact Excite Safety if you have any difficulties accessing the information prior to you course
Cost: $55. Please see fee schedule for terms and conditions
Precourse work required: no
RPL available: Not applicable
Parents, Grandparents and other carers who may not need an accredited first aid course but still want to be prepared with some first aid skills and knowledge.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- After attending this course participants will be issued with the following record of training
- Certificate of Achievement - Family First Aid
- First Aid Skills for Parents and Carers
- Practical Workshop
- No Exam required
- DRSABCD action plan
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Recognition of common childhood illnesses and injuries that may require emergency care
- Treatment of common childhood injuries
- Treating a mild, moderate and severe asthma episode
- Allergies & Anaphylaxis
- Practical scenarios
- How to get help in an emergency
- Useful Contacts and Phone Apps
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
This is a practical workshop, with a range of role play scenarios and use of story telling to assist with learning. Ability to understand spoken English is a minimum requirement. Basic english reading and writing skills helpful but not necessary
To get the most benefit from this course you will be asked to get down on the floor to perform CPR.
Please advise your instructor if you are not able to do so. Please wear suitable clothing for these activities.
Please select a course date from the list. If there are no dates currently listed for this course or you would like to book a private course, please contact us via the enquire now button.