First Aid - Provide First Aid - Group
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the course schedule
First Aid - Provide First Aid - Group
Delivered on site for your group of 5 or more.
Nationally accredited course with the following units of competency
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months
(Delivered as licensed trainer for SLSNSW RTO code 90394)
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed, participants will obtain a first aid certificate that is valid for three years. The Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised WorkCover approved training.
Duration: 8 hours
Delivery options: Face to face only
Assessment: Combination of multiple choice, verbal and practical assessment
Location: In our classroom or on site as required
Accessibilty: Please contact Excite Safety if you have any difficulties accessing the information prior to you course
Cost: $170. Please see fee schedule for terms and conditions
Precourse work required: yes
RPL available: Yes
Suitable for any person who may be required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised WorkCover approved statement of attainment for the following unit of competence:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR (Valid for 12 Months)
- Nationally recognised certificate
- Life saving skills & knowledge
- Flexible delivery
- Experienced and engaging trainers
- Legal Issues and infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
This course has a pre-reading requirement available in two formats.
- ONLINE WORKBOOK : student access details for the online workbook will be sent by email to each student
- HARDCOPY WORKBOOK : Workbook/s will be posted to the course organiser to be distributed
- Students will need to bring their completed workbook or online completion certificate to the course.
Comfortable clothing and enclosed shoes are advised as students will be required to participate various first aid scenarios.
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
Please provide your preferred dates, location and group numbers via the enquire now button below and we will be in touch to confirm your booking details shortly.
Please select a course date from the list. If there are no dates currently listed for this course or you would like to book a private course, please contact us via the enquire now button.
|First Aid - Provide First Aid - Kinetic Martial Arts (Full Course)||28 July 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Kinetic Martial Arts||40||$170.00|
|First Aid - Provide First Aid - Kinetic Martial Arts (Refresher Course)****Private Course*****||28 July 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Kinetic Martial Arts||40||$140.00|
|First Aid - Provide First Aid - Kinetic Martial Arts (CPR Only)***Private Course****||28 July 2019||08:30 am - 11:00 am||Kinetic Martial Arts||40||$70.00|